Booking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) form the basis of the agreement made between you, the valued customer (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”, “you” or “your”) and Michi & Co. Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “MCPL”, “we”, “us” or “our”) (“Contract”). It is important that you read these Conditions and the Contract carefully to ensure that you understand your rights and obligations. The Contract may include additional terms and conditions applicable to a special offer or promotion.
- 1.1 Your understanding and acceptance of the Conditions and the Contract shall be deemed to be confirmed by you by paying your booking fee or otherwise paying any part of the price of your tour.
- 1.2 If you make a booking and/or a payment on behalf of any other person, you shall be deemed to represent to us that you have their authority to make the booking and/or the payment on their behalf and to legally bind them to the terms of the Contract, including the Conditions. For the purpose of this clause and these Conditions where appropriate or necessary, “you” means the person who makes the booking and any and all of other persons covered by the booking.
- 1.3 We may amend these Conditions from time to time. MCPL reserves the right to change, amend, modify, suspend, continue or terminate all or any part of these Conditions at any time without notice. If we amend the Conditions, we may publish the amended version on our website. We will also provide the current version of the Conditions to you upon request. You will be bound by the version of the Conditions at the time you make your booking.
2. RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
The payment of the tour price or the Total Fare shall be paid in full to MCPL upon booking. Such payment is not deemed made until it is fully received and confirmed by us. We reserve the right to cancel the whole or any part of the reservation and apply cancellation charges should payments not be fully received and/or confirmed.
3. CANCELLATIONS AND ADMENDMENT REQUEST BY CUSTOMERS AND REFUNDS
Notification of any cancellation by the Customer to MCPL must be made in writing. Upon cancellation, you shall be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of costs and expenses incurred by MCPL and/or its agents and/or partners by the time of such cancellation (“Cancellation Fee”). This Cancellation Fee is expressed as a percentage of the total price of your booking, tour package and travel arrangement (“Total Fare”) and is calculated as indicated in the below table. All other additional administration fees, taxes, charges or levies imposed on cancellation shall be borne by the Customer. If any non-refundable airfare and/or taxes form any part of the Total Fare, these parts shall remain as non-refundable and borne by you. In such a case, the cancellation charges shall apply to the rest of the Total Fare including the land arrangement cost.
Period of Notice (exclusive of the departure date) Cancellations charges per person (or the amount to be forfeited) Within 60 days prior to departure 50% of Total Fare Within 30 days prior to departure 100% of Total Fare No Show 100% of Total Fare
- 3.2 For all hotel reservations and Japan Rail Pass, you will have to abide by the respective hotel’s and Railpass terms and conditions. You will also be subjected to terms and conditions from third party suppliers.
- 3.3 No refund shall be given for unused services with respect to accommodation, transportation, sightseeing tours, meals or any other services that are included in the tour price but not utilized or availed of by you.
- 3.4 If flight changes are requested by you after any payment has been received by MCPL, or if flights are cancelled by you or airlines after tickets are issued, revision fees, change fees or airline cancellation fees shall be applicable and in addition to the Cancellation Fee. The Customer recognizes that airline tickets might be one hundred percent (100%) non-refundable and all these additional costs and expenses under this clause 3.4 shall be borne by the Customer separately.
- 3.5 In the event that you would like to withdraw from a tour after commencement for reasons of illness, you must inform us immediately. However, no refund shall be made to you for any part of the tour including but not limited to such as meals and sightseeing. The Customer recognizes that MCPL shall not be liable for introducing, arranging, taking care of or giving any medical treatment for you through our services. Please note you will need to make claims against your insurance company and you shall not claim to us.
- 3.6 Amendments to a booking can be made subject to our availability. A compulsory administrative fee of S$75.00 will be levied for every amendment made to the original booking. No amendment can be made within thirty (30) days prior to the date of departure. A significant change or a change to most of the parts of the booking may be considered as your cancellation in our sole discretion, and it will be subject to cancellation charges as per clause 3.1.
- 3.7 Airfares are subject to change at any time. Changes to flight itineraries and name changes may result in penalties charged by the airline concerned and passed on to the passengers. These charges, penalties and any other administrative charge shall be additionally borne by you.
- 3.8 MCPL may, in our sole discretion, offer free change of travel dates within twelve (12) months from the original date of departure if MCPL confirms your cancellation is unavoidable due to COVID-19 or other epidemic restrictions in either the country of origin or destination and the restrictions are highly likely to prevent you from travelling. However, we highly recommend that you consider the risk of COVID-19 or epidemic and uncertain situations and check travel restrictions to your destination before and at the time of booking as the country entry may be changed and limited to particular purposes and persons from time to time. Therefore, our confirmation or acceptance of your booking shall not mean that we represent or warrant your actual travel to the destination, and MCPL shall not be liable for any cancellation arising from or relating to these restrictions. The Customer understands that you may not be entitled to a refund unless MCPL approves in writing.
4. GENERAL INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
- 4.1 Tour prices are based on costs, charges, tariffs, rates, prices, taxes, levies and exchange rates as at the date of booking. In the event that there is any change to these costs, a surcharge may be made to your tour price.
- 4.2 MCPL shall reserve the right to increase the tour prices in the event that there is foreign currency fluctuation where such fluctuation is more than five percent (5%) from the date of booking, or if there are any increased charges imposed by the carrier, MCPL’s agents, partners or other service providers after the booking is made.
- 4.3 The Customer understands that smoking is strictly prohibited on all transport.
5. TOUR CANCELLATIONS AND RIGHT TO REJECT
- 5.1 MCPL reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure due to operating requirements or circumstances beyond its reasonable control. If cancellation is made any time prior to departure of the tour, MCPL’s only liability shall be to refund to you the amount MCPL has received from you for the tour booking. Upon your written request, we will try to re-book the same or similar tour.
- 5.2 It is vital that any person with medical problems makes these known to us well in advance of their trip departure. MCPL reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any itinerary or any booking made for you, or decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a trip, if any such person appears likely to endanger the health, safety or impair the comfort and enjoyment of others. MCPL further reserves the right to cancel the reservation of a particular member or members of your tour, if for any reason, any carrier, hotel or other contractor refuses to allow the particular member or members to participate in the tour. In any of the foregoing events, no refunds shall be given to such member or members. Further, MCPL shall not be held liable to you or the member even if MCPL has accepted or let the person with medical problems join the tour knowing the person’s medical problems. For the avoidance of doubt, you and/or the member shall choose to book your tour at your own risk. The Customer understands that MCPL shall not in any way warrant that the tour is safe enough for such member(s) from the medical perspectives.
6. EXTENDED STAY
If you have arranged with MCPL to stay at a destination before or after your tour with us, please note that your extended stay shall be made at your own expense, as is the transfer to either the hotel or airport.
- 7.1 MCPL is supplying the services and accommodations described in our brochure and booking form. However, the Customer understands that such services might not be supplied or used due to delays or other causes beyond the reasonable control of MCPL. In such circumstances, we will do our best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund to the Customers in this connection. We reserve the right to substitute hotels and tour leaders and to alter the itinerary when deemed necessary.
- 7.2 Neither MCPL nor its agents, partners or employees shall be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution of equipment or any act or omission whatsoever by air carriers, hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to you relating to the Contract. This includes changes in services or accommodations necessitated by the same. Nor shall MCPL be liable to you and the persons accompanied by for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss or delay from the act, error, or omission of any third party. MCPL shall be responsible where MCPL admits its wilful misconduct or gross negligence which caused you direct and actual losses, damage and/or costs. All baggage and personal belongings are at all times your own responsibility.
- 7.3 The Customer’s damages resulting from a breach or violation of any agreement or condition contained in the Contract and/or these Conditions or any act or omission arising from or related to the Contract and/or these Conditions shall be limited to actual and direct damages and shall not include any other loss or damage, including indirect, special, consequential, incidental, exemplary or punitive damages, including lost profits, production or revenues, and the Customer releases MCPL from all such claims for loss or damage other than actual direct damages. In any case, the aggregate liability of MCPL shall be capped at the amount of Total Fare received by MCPL from the Customer.
- 7.4 Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, MCPL shall not be liable for its failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder if precluded by riot, epidemic (including COVID-19 or similar or dissimilar), power or communication line outage, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist act, fire, flood, tidal wave, earthquake, or other natural disaster, detention, annoyance, theft, third party’s default or failure of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, change in government regulations, terrorism, nuclear accident, strike, lockout, civil unrest, or other labor trouble, acts or non-acts of any governmental entity or official, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of MCPL.
- 7.5 Any and all claims against MCPL must be made in writing within fourteen (14) days after the completion of the tour. Any claim made thereafter shall be deemed waived by the Customer and the Customer shall release MCPL from all obligations relating to the tour, the Contract and/or these Conditions.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 8.1 These Conditions and/or the Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, without giving effect to its principles or rules of conflicts of laws.
- 8.2 Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Conditions and/or the Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- 8.3 Unless expressly provided to the contrary in these Conditions and/or the Contract, a person who is not a party to these Conditions or the Contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore to enforce or to enjoy the benefit of any term of these Conditions and/or the Contract.
9. ACCURACY OF BROCHURE & LEAFLET
- 9.1 Every effort is made to ensure brochure and leaflet accuracy at the time of going to press. However, MCPL shall not be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of MCPL. MCPL shall not represent or warrant every information in our brochure and/or leaflet is always true, accurate, correct and/or not misleading.
- 9.2 Prices shown in our brochure and/or leaflet are basically correct at the time of printing. However, these prices are subject to change due to increases in airfares, taxes or surcharges, other transport costs, hotel rates, government taxes, etc., and therefore MCPL reserves the right to increase the price accordingly without notice to the Customer.
10. IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE DEPARTURE
Please read this information carefully before departure, as it contains important advice, tips and essential information to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.
- 10.1 Each Customer shall be responsible for all visas, permits, necessary health requirements, and any other documents as required by laws, regulations and orders of the countries visited. It is the responsibility for each Customer to have a passport with a minimum of six (6) months validity and all necessary visas or entry permits. Your tour documents and all other relevant documents and travel literature will be sent to you prior to departure.
- 10.2 MCPL strongly recommends that you contact your doctor or health practitioner for up to date advice on the latest required medicine with regard to epidemics and diseases particular to the travel destination, or with regard to recommended inoculations and preventive medicines.
- 10.3 During local or national holidays and local festivals celebrated abroad, certain facilities such as museums, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited. Slight itinerary adjustments may be made by MCPL whenever possible. In the event that you have a complaint in respect to the holidays, please inform MCPL’s tour director or representative during the course of your tour. If you are not satisfied with our endeavors, your complaint should be made in writing to MCPL promptly in accordance with this clause 14.
It is compulsory for you and all your members to purchase travel insurance including but not limited to insurances that cover medical evacuations, trip cancellations, hospitalization, medical claims, loss of baggage, etc.
12. POSSIBLE CHANGES
The Customer acknowledges that a change in airline schedules and/or local conditions may require sightseeing tours, accommodations, hotels and travel routines to be changed. Should this occur, MCPL will put its reasonable endeavor to make alternative arrangements.
13. DATA PROTECTION
MCPL takes the personal data protection seriously. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to complying with applicable laws, including the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012).
14. COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
Any complaint and or claim shall be submitted to us in writing to the following address within fourteen (14) days from the date of return to Singapore or from the last day of the tour itinerary for our investigation. We shall not be held responsible in respect of any complaint and or claim not made within this stipulated period.
- Address: 12 Purvis Street #02-01 Suite B, Singapore 188591
- Email: email@example.com
- Attention: Complaints and Claims