Discover the Serenity of Hayama and Kamakura — 3 days 2 nights —
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life with a 3days/2nights getaway to the coastal towns of Hayama and Kamakura.
Just a short 45-minute drive from Tokyo, lies the quaint town of Hayama. Located at the northern end of the Miura Peninsula in Kanagawa Prefecture, it is home to the Japanese Imperial Family’s seaside residence, the Hayama Imperial Villa (Hayama Goyōtei).
Dotted with European-inspired buildings, Hayama is filled with curious shops and surrounded by nature. On clear days, you might be able to see Mount Fuji across Sagami Bay while relaxing at the beach.
Just slightly further up north is picturesque Kamakura. Also known as “Kyoto of Eastern Japan”, you can explore serene temples and shrines, dive into Kamakura’s rich past by visiting historical monuments or delight your taste buds with her abundance of seafood and fresh produce.
Through our personal relationships with the local communities and businesses, we provide authentic,
one-of-a-kind experiences found exclusively in the locality.
DAY 1RELAX in the HAYAMA breeze
- Welcome to our Japanese tradition styled Hayama Villa! Be greeted with refreshing drinks and a selection of unique local Kamakura vegetables, freshly picked from the fields.
- Become acquainted with Hayama, renowned as the location of the Royal Summer Palace, and take a stroll along Isshiki Beach (voted by CNN as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world).
- Enjoy your walk to the Hayama Museum of Modern Art. After viewing the Museum exhibitions, take in the breath-taking ocean views from the museum’s terrace and catch a glimpse of Mt. Fuji across the water.
- Indulge in a local dining experience with an authentic Soba Lunch Course at a hidden treasure: a charming restaurant in the midst of a residential area, furnished with traditional Japanese interior.
- Relax around a Takibi (bonfire) with a Takibi master sharing his art and the details of bonfire-making.
- Enjoy the Takibi experience, complete with a hand-brewed coffee to sip on while watching the beautiful sunset over the ocean and Mt. Fuji.
- Dine on a Takibi-BBQ selection of the finest local seafood in the serenity of our Villa’s garden.
DAY 2FEEL the KAMAKURA culture
- Start your day with a wholesome Japanese breakfast, prepared and served by a local expert in our Villa.
- Engage in a hands-on ceramic workshop where you will use fresh leaves to imprint on clay. The result will be a stunning ceramic bowl that brings nature into your home.
- Enjoy a genuine Shojin Ryori lunch (vegetarian meal) and be refreshed by this daily meal that is an integral part of priesthood.
- Take part in the traditions and rituals of a Japanese Tea Ceremony and sip Matcha in an authentic ceremonial Tea Room.
- Take a ride on the nostalgic Enoden- Enoshima Electric Railway that runs through a housing estate and along the beach.
- Have a seat at the clean, white, wooden counter of a traditional family-owned establishment and dine on authentic Japanese Sushi Cuisine.
DAY 3BREATHE in the NATURE
- Breakfast with unlimited servings of freshly baked breads and pastries at a local bakery café.
- Visit a local Shirasu (Japanese whitebait) farmer’s shop and have freshly caught Shirasu, while gaining some insight into the world of fish farming and processing.
- Leave your footprint at the Maeda-river trail, renowned for its transparent shining stream and its forest trail where Japanese Emperors have strolled and enjoyed nature.
- Enjoy your Shirasu-Don Picnic lunch, served beside the forest stream.
- After packing up, bid farewell to Isshiki Beach and the neighbourhood.
- Return to Tokyo with Sweet Memories.
Have a question or want to build a customised itinerary? Feel free to contact us!
- Add on optional tours or experiences
- Request a guide or English-speaking assistance
- Extend your stay in other Japanese cities
- Order special meals
- Assistance with transfers and car rental services
- Purchase train and attraction tickets
- Rent phones and WiFi routers
Prices are subject to change depending on seasonality, departure dates and any adjustments made to the basic package. Estimated quotes will be advised upon your request.
“Nowhere but Hayama”
Originally built 100 years ago, this traditional Japanese house is situated on the same grounds as, and next to, the Hayama Imperial Villa.
Located just steps away from Isshiki beach, it is designed to meet the demands of modern life whilst preserving elements of its original structure. A spacious two-storey house, it features a traditional Japanese tatami room for an authentic Japanese living experience while offering the convenience of a Western dining room and kitchen. The latter are separated by sliding door.
On the second floor, you will find an ensuite bedroom with a traditional Japanese bath, and an outdoor jacuzzi on the balcony.
- Accommodates up to 4 adult guests
- Garden and ocean views from balcony jacuzzi
- 1 x Ensuite bedroom with two small double beds* and semi-outdoor Japanese bath
- 1 x Bedroom with twin beds
- 1 x Common Bathroom
- Bathroom and shower essentials
- Tokonoma alcoves
- Kitchen facilities (including dishwasher and coffee machine)
- Washing machine
- Bluetooth speakers
- Private car with driver
- Highway and toll fees (within the itinerary route)
- Villa accommodation
- Daily housekeeping
- Activities included in itinerary
- Entrance fees as mentioned in itinerary
- All meals
- English speaking guide
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- International and domestic airfare and visa (if required)
- Travel insurance
- Costs arising from flight cancellation/road blockades/change of tour route other than the mentioned route in the itinerary, and other events beyond our control
- Optional tours and experiences
- Personal expenses such as phone bills and other expenses such as drinks, bar bills and laundry not stated in the itinerary